It's 2am. I've only gone to sleep two hours prior. Lans has been gone on a hunting trip and it's tough to wind down at night when I've been pacing myself as the single parent. Gage walks in and says he's cold. Startled I pat Lans' side of the bed and tell him to climb in. Of course he quickly hops in and scoots in a single bound right up against me. Then the squirming begins..."shift to the left, shift to the right, wiggle in as close as you can and keep Mom up all night."
It's 4am. "Mom!" My heart beats out of my chest, "What Gage?" "I have a little rumble in my tummy." Still trying to listen over the beating in my ears, "Okay Gage. Here's your mission. Tip Toe to the Kitchen, turn on the light. Open the Pantry, Anything you can reach you can have." SILENCE...
"Noo, you're telling me too many things." I try again, "Go to the kitchen pantry. Find some food you can reach and eat it." Okay he says....I hear foot steps pattering away....I hear the light click on....I hear a door open...I hear footsteps patter closer again, "Mom I need to show you what you can reach for me." Deep inhale, "No Gage, look on the self in front of you, there is cereal, cookies and nachos. Pick one and eat it." Footsteps scurry away.
It's 4:10 am a Yell from the Kitchen, "MOM! Cole's awake!" I pretend not to hear.
It's 4:30 am I gethe distinct feeling someone is watching me sleep. I open my eyes. "Mom I gave Cole some of my cookies." "Thanks Gage, finish eating and then go back to bed." "But I want to sleep with you." SILENCE....footsteps shuffle out.
It's still 4:30 am from Lans' side of the bed, "Mom you better come clean this up, Cole made a big mess. I gave him the parade cookies and the little balls are everywhere." (Between you and me I do not know why I asked the following question. Let's just chalk it up to a bad night's sleep) "Did you give him the bag of cookies or just a cookie?" (DUH). Truthful Gage, "I gave him the bag but I can clean it all up with my tongue!" SILENCE....footsteps fall away.
It's 5:00 am The bed shakes and Gage reports, "Mom, I cleaned up all the balls." The bed is still shaking. Cole, grunting, is climbing up. O Joy! two squirmers. "Gage. Take Cole and go climb into your bed." "No I want to sleep with you." Cole, "NOooo." Ugh! SILENCE...
From 5:00 am till 5:15 am Giggling, whining, squriming, sprawling, poking, yawning, nudging, and me every couple of minutes saying "SHHHH," and Cole saying, "NOooo," and Gage saying, "But Mom when can we have breakfast?"
It's 5:30 am and THAT DOES IT. I kicked Gage and Cole out. Told them to go into their bedroom and I HAD to get some sleep. Gage stomps out and Cole follows out of curiosity. SILENCE....
It's still 5:30 am and Cole came running back and climbs into bed. He snuggles, he yawns, he sprawls, he laughs, he starts talking and singing. I know sleep is coming soon, so I just listen. I begin drifting...AND then POKE!!!!! Has anyone ever had two inches of finger shoved up their nose???!!!! It doesn't feel so good. But some how out of the humor of this all I laugh and with eyes closed kind of swat Cole away. He laughs and then POKE!!!! and gets me AGAIN!!!! My eyes fly open and Cole has all two inches of his own finger pushed all the way up his nose and the other hand's finger up my nose. Off course he's giggle. I ignore him and roll over. But can't help but be silently shaking in laughter.
It's sometime around 6:00 am all are asleep...SILENCE
It's 7:30 am "Mom! Can I have breakfast?" AND that is how we ended one very long day and started another.
It's been a funny week. Gage and Cole have been good for the most part. They are playing together most of the time now. I hope Lans gets an Elk one of these times though cause there's alot of sleepless nights a head for me if he doesn't.
12 comments:
Okay, you talked me into it - I think it's time to have some kids.
Have you heard that country song "You're gonna miss this?" I try to remind myself of that at moments like those. Although I'm not sure it applies to miserable nights with no sleep. I don't really think I'll ever miss those.
Lesson learned. Never let your kids sleep in the bed with you. Hope you get some sleep tonight.
Oh my goodness. I am sorry but that was really funny to read! I am waiting for it to get light outside to go running and I had to keep my giggles down to keep my kids from waking up!
That's hillarious!
I laughed the whole time I was reading. I wish I would have been a fly on the wall.
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA!
HHAHAHAHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHA!
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAA!
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAA!
Great story! I've learned that if you're going to laugh about it later, you might as well laugh now. Hope you've gotten more sleep since this post!!
OK, so seriously, WHEN are we planning girls' gettaway???? Let the men take the kids for a week while we go... um, well, I don't even care what we do. I just want to go. and then maybe we could have teeny little hidden cameras. I ended up being whisked away to Oregon for teh week. It's been good to have some helping hands! But, well, now I have no way back, so.. poor Ryan. Give him something to eat next time you see him, will ya? ;-)
I cant wait to have kids...:P
hahahahahaha Amy that is hillarious!! However, you have much, much, much more patience than I do. I would have thrown a major fit after the mess I don't do well at night being woken up. Kudos to you for laughing at Cole with his trick I would have been yelling. What a great mom you are!!
Oh my goodness amy. You are entirely too kind! I think I would have been in tears with frustration!
Post a Comment