Tuesday, January 13, 2009

More Analysis - An Approach to THE BACHELOR

People's responses/reactions/assertions intrigue me. I might have majored in social behaviors of somekind if I was into majoring in degrees with infetismal poetentials of dealing with completely sane people. I thoroughly enjoy people watching until someone's behavior is so preposterous that I find my heartrate rising and muscles involuntarily contracting. To which I dub the whole situation too cringeful to watch and have to look away. "Now-a-days" there are far too many opportunities to feel that cringe sensation and I find I'm either being desensitized by it or finding the courage to fight back. Weather the case, it practically matters not as I am far too interested in criticing someone's lack of judgement to the extent that I am now about to write my analysis of one such cause.
THE BACHELOR...

Did you watch last night's episode, particularly the night of the rose ceremony, more particularly the interrupted not-even-quite-started conversation between Megan and Jason? Now this Molly girl has set the presidence for it being acceptable to interrupt, or more poignantly infringe, on other's opportunities to get to know Jason. Her game plan quite obvious: DON"T let Jason get to know anyone else. Her scheme shows me that she is assertive and competitive which can be good attributes but her timing reminds me of an annoying computer pop that won't go away completely til delt with sharply and aggressively. I find that her nerve to carry out this strategy says she is desperate and clingy. I found it interesting that Jason appeases these actions of desperosity and clingyness since each time she infringes he appeases her; AND that he doesn't mind the actions of deperosity and clingyness but if verbally confronted on it, like what Lauren did, it is seen as a weakness.
Now it was also interesting to watch Megan. She made no effort to fight. She was in complete freeze mode before she internalized what happened and then choose poorly on how to act on it. But don't you hate it when you see someone freeze up while you're fully prepared to fight? My goodness the first words out of my mouth were, "Well if that was me I would of challenged Jason by saying, "You know it says a lot about you each time Molly interrupts and you appease her, especially on the night that five of us need to get to know you better and are hoping for a rose and she already has one.""
But that's just me AND I'm not holding Jason up on a pedstal, idolizing him and praising him, like these obssessed women are. Megan should have called him on it but Jason should have called Molly on it first. I see Jason as weak and a "poplar" people pleaser. I'm guessing it was okay for Molly to do this during Megan's time but what if it had been Jillian, or Melissa?

I vote Molly off!

I also vote Erica and Megan off. They both have extreme flaws in character.

I like Jillian despite her hotdog thing and I like Stephanie. Although I think I like Stephanie more than I like Jason. So I kind of hope things don't work out between them and she can marry someone with more class, dignity, poise, and strength. The previews for next week show their single date so I can't wait to analyze that!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Love your post! I didn't know if I was the only one to watch that show. I really like Jason and hope he finds someone that isn't a fake. I felt so bad for him last season.

Angie Miller said...

I love it. Can't wait for next week's analysis. Bring it on, Sister.

Kelli said...

Are you dissing my major?

Amy said...

No, you are cut out to work with insane people. I'm not ;)