Friday, March 20, 2009

Decorating Hang-ups

It never ceases to amaze me how long and difficult decorating is. We looked for a corner computer armoire for nearly two months. I searched stores and the internet easily 10+ hours worth of time. We FINALLY find one on ebay, purchase it, love it, but now need some office accessories to go with it. That was back in November. I have searched stores and the internet off and on now since December, when our armoire arrived, looking for desk organizers and a small drawer organizer to go on top of the armoire. That took at least another 8+ hours of time. This morning I find this online at IKEA!

It measures 27"h, 16" depth, 11"W. PERFECT and LOVE, LOVE the color. Price? 30.99$. It says that there is assemblage required, no biggy, so I place my order...shipping and handling cost? 250.00!!! Oh something's GOT to be wrong.;)

So I go back through my order and look for the shipping rates. UPS ground shipping 5-7 days delivery states, $18.95. Okay! much better, but I read across the grid and see that special deliveries for my area ARE INDEED around 250+ dollars. So I give IKEA a call and they tell me the drawer unit is only broken down so much that UPS WON'T ship, so yes, $250.00 will be the charge.

"Oh NO IT WON"T!" I tell the service rep and tell them, "You've just lost a costumer!"

How on this Green Earth can they charge that much and not even blink an eye when I tell them they've just lost a costumer? Seriously!? That's a problem.

And I'm still stuck with my problem of finding desk organizers. So infuriating!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

weird they don't deliver to Boise. they have portland and SLC stores. we like to stop on our way to OR sometimes. i'll pick one up for you next time...;-)

JD said...

That stinks. You should give Alyce a call. She is in Utah this weekend and Kelby is coming down with the kids too. Maybe she would do you a favor!

Diana said...

Come visit me in Portland and we can get it for 30.99 and no sales tax :)

kg said...

That stinks!

Amy said...

Diana,I wish I could! I was able to get a hold of a friend who is in Utah for the week and she's going to look in to picking me up one. So all is not lost yet. I just hope it's small enough to fit in her car. Apparently the only assembly required is the casters and knobs...dumb!