Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Two Months Old yesterday!





Here's what we know about this little guy:
  • We call him Baby Dane, Danish, Litte Great, and Squirt (some people worry about changing boys diapers because they dont' want to get whizzed on, I worry each time that I'm going to get pooped on, yes, it is that often, and yes, I do wait for a while before I change his diaper but...well it's just something about cold air I guess.)

  • He weighs 13 +lbs. As you can tell by the pictures of he and the boys, he's turning out to be a good sized baby.
  • Dane only gets up once during the night. Amazing, genius child!!!! He does make up for it the next morning, but that is hardly a trouble.

  • Dane is NOT a picky eater. He stocks up before bedtime. Between 4 and 8 he eats three times and has, on four occassions now, still wanted more. What did we do? Fix him a bottle of formula and watched him eat it right down! (picture Mary Murphy here) Yes he did! He just swallowed that milk right down like it was nothing! Dane you're on the hot tomale train! Tooot toot!

  • To test this I sent him to the Rec center's day care with the formula bottle and yes, again, he ate it without blinking. GOOOD MAN! Toot toot!

  • Dane's dimple is on the same side as my other two boys and shows while he's smiling

  • Dane smiles, giggles, and coos but not for very long he is VERY interested in the world around him except when it's time to eat.

  • He has cold feet and calms right down if you grab onto those tootsies with warm hands and hold them tight.

  • Dane used to like doing baby yoga but lately just wants to be left alone to wiggle and look around.

  • Dane is the first child to need a pacifier. Sucking and squirting are almost synonomous with each other...I promise you he is not sucking on the pacifier when I change his diaper, notice I said, almost synonomous...

  • He is just like my other boys when it comes to the car seat. He does not like being put into it but falls straight to sleep when the car starts moving.

  • Dane smiles and coos at the mobile objects above him but only after he's touched them with his hands. I like to think that's he's telling himself, "Good job Dane!"

  • For only knowing him for 8 weeks we sure love this little guy to pieces. The boys have been terrific with him, no jealousy, just occasional over exerted affection!

2 comments:

Diana said...

What a cutie!!

Vicki said...

hahahaha I thought I was the only mom scared of getting pooped on. I thought it was a girl thing, but I guess I was wrong. He sure is a cutie, and looks like his brothers!