Sunday, October 3, 2010

Halloween Costumes and other such Horror's

 

We've out grown our cosutmes from last year. What to be? What to be? For some reason Superman just never gets old at our house.


Would you let this little monster in the house?


Maybe after I hose him down! Dane loves playing outside, in the dirt, in the water, and in the mud.


Recently Cole learned to ride his bike without training wheels. We put a phone call in to the grandparents, aunts and uncles. We couldn't get a hold of Nana, Lans' Mom. When she called back we ended up playing phone tag due to an outside incident causing a change of clothes, bath, and floor mopping. When I had Cole call Nana back I asked him to explain that we were sorry we couldn't get to the phone in time because "I", Cole, had been pushing Dane into the mud and "I" Cole, had to help mommy clean up. That translated into a very candid converstaion with Nana (who at that time in the conversation couldn't quite decipher Cole's 3 year old dialect) while he was saying, "You know Nana why we couldn't get to the phone? I was the farmer and Dane was the pig and I had to push him into the pig slop (pronounced in Cole's dialect, "pig-shhlop").  And he got all muddy and you can't even see his white socks because that are all muddy and now Mommy is giving Dane a bath and so I couldn't call you to invite you to come see me ride my bike." Poor Nana trying to be supportive of Cole calling and talking to her kept saying, "Well good! I'm glad you are having fun!", "Well, how neat?". Then when I was able to give her the translation we had a good hardy laugh.  

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Love the superman costume Amy! And the picture of Dane made me laugh out loud.

Vicki said...

hahahaha WOW Dane sure loves mud! I love Cole's explaination, priceless.

jenny.hawkes said...

I can't believe how much Dane has grown! Looks like he's all boy! =)