Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Holiday Havoc and Holiday Magic






Wow! 16 of us smashed together for a few days at the Baumgartner's. We had a terrific time watching the kids play and do speacial things with Nana ie frost cookies, read books, watch for deer. We thoroughly enjoyed the progressive dinner, day at the coast, opening presents, celebrating Cole's FIRST birthday, and putsing around Corvallis. The magic of Christmas was in our hearts and my favorite moment of the trip was reciting "Twas the Night Before Christmans" for Gage and Grant Christmas eve. The moment was perfect, they were in their beds without anyone putting them there (mind you this is a 5 and 3 yr old) and they were discussing Santa as I came in. I knelt down by Gage's bed and starting saying the story. The two of them were clutching the sheets in their hands and tighteing their shoulder's up to their ears in anticipation. It couldn't have been staged more perfectly.


The chaos of packing and getting things finalized before the trip made it all worth while once we reached family. It was good to be with everyone and the havoc created the week before pretty much dissolved.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks relaxing. I am sure it was hard getting out of town. When is it not? I wish i was there just by the picture of the coast.

Anonymous said...

Oh and by the way i have a family blog, yourbudge.blogspot.com i realized it when i tried to back track and you had my little scrapbooking one that i work on occasionally

Angie Miller said...

Where did the time go? I can't believe Cole could be 1 already!

kg said...

It was fun, wasn't it!? Fun to see these pictures. I'm also thinking of a name for you for the other blog..'Amy' just seems to fit....I'll keep thinking :)