Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Elation!






We had a good time on our cruise. We sunbathed, hot tubbed, went to a yoga class, and country line dance class, art seminar and auction; we went on a Canyon Canopy tour in Cabo that included seven lines, a wire bridge, rock and rope climbing, and repelling, it was great. We also went to the Newly Wed/Old Wed game aboard ship, enjoyed movies: The Bee Movie, Enchanted, and I tried to stay up for The golden Compass but fell asleep. The food was impressive in it's variety and quantity and we enjoyed a formal dinner one night. The weather was in the high 60's - low 90's, very pleasent. Photographer's were everywhere aboard ship and we took advantage of the opportunity to get a couples picture. We enjoyed a Las Vegas type show of dancing and singing. The ship is three times smaller than the Titanic. Our passengers totaled 2400 plus 600 crew members. The ship had a miniture golf course, pinp pong, basketball, volleyball, a track, exercise and weight room, spa, theatre, casino, multiple dinning areas, several bars, a library, shops, four hot tubs and two swimming pools (one with a slide). So it was hard to imagine the immensity of the Titanic. We had two strange dilemmas aboard ship; first after leaving port from San Diego, roughly two hours out we had to turn around due to an emergency with one the crew members. Secondly we had a two hour wait before leaving Cabo to rush a hear attack victim and and another passenger, who while drunk injured themselves trying to jump off the taxi boat twenty feet before reaching the ship, back to Cabo's Hospitol. No sea sickness hit but I'm still "on the boat" a little today. It was real nice to have a vacation!

11 comments:

Cami said...

What a great trip!!

kg said...

FUN! Can we come next time :) Love the pictures and the one they took of you two...is that at a dance?

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like so much fun! I love your dress in the couples picuture.

emily a. said...

I"m woozy after looking at those pictures. We went on a cruise for our honeymoon (3 months after we were married) and it was the BEST!! So fun and it was just a treat 24 hrs. a day. I want to go on another one so badly. Glad you had a great time!

Vicki said...

Amy you look Great! Your formal pictures look beautiful. It sounds like you had a lot of fun. I commend you for trying the zip line, I would have fainted. Vacations are always fun!!

April said...

Welcome back.....that looked like so much fun...it is nice to get a little R&R with your favorite person... I can't wait till Shane and I can go on a little vacation.

bledsoeblog said...

I couldn't wait to look at your blog! You guys look wonderful in your "couples" picture, looks like you had a great time! I noticed your tan yesterday at church, I am way jealous! Welcome back!

Andrea said...

Wow, what fun! It looks like you two had a great time! I'm sure the memories will last you as long as necessary until the next trip...

Unknown said...

Seriously, the zip line picture! I wasn't imagining such huge ravines!!! yikes!

I love the pic of you guys that is taken at an angle. And of course the lobsterman is awesome.

Glad you guys finally got your vacation!!

Ruby said...

Ah, the life!

Anonymous said...

Well it looks really ralaxing. Now that is what you call a vacation