Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Bloom

"And the day came when the strength to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the strength it took to ....


-Anis Nin





I try not to get too philisophical or sentimental in blog, why? I don't know probably cause I'm afriad of "mushy" stuff. But my dear sis-in law, Diana, brought to my attention that I could say more about how I feel about my family.
So today is my ode to my "little" sisters-in-law...
I met little D when she was in 8th grade. Two things were obvious immediately, she was crazy smart and very talkative. In fact one of my favorite memories of her will always be everyone saying to her at family dinner, "Diana, volume down." I'm sure she hated it but it's actually a great compliment to her charisma. D is now a working woman, she used her brillance (which she will roll her eyes at and say that it's not all brillance, but honey, knowing how and when to work hard IS part of the brillance) and got herself a degree in accounting and has a CPA. When you need business advice or a sounding board, or feel like being a sounding board...go talk to D she's full of ideas, insight, and I LOVE the passion she brings into the conversation. And when she says she's not domestic, DON'T believe her!
I met Jessi when she was in 6th grade right before she went into Young Women's. Oh my heck! She was So teeny and QUIET. I could hardly even get a couple words out of her. Since she's the baby it didn't surprise me that she would still sit in her mother's lap, what was so funny though was that she still FIT in her mother's lap. I remember Jessi always was watching cartoons and she LOVED Animaniacs which she knew all the words to the songs. And I remember the "pen phase" (has she ever left that phase) and how she literally collected bazillions of pens and would rank them and qualify them by how they felt in her hand, by the way they wrote and the color of ink they held. Anyway Jessi is a movie buff, she has an amazing library of music, she has her teaching degree and does crazy things like jumps out of airplanes, and jumps of of cliffs. My favorite hobby that she has is baking. mmmm!
I love my little sis-in-laws and I'm looking forward to seeing them this week!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That was fun learning about Diana and Jessi. Thanks for sharing.