The gathering of family has with it an expectancy of fun, joy, and anticipation of memorable moments to treasure. What will those moments be? Who will create them? What unforeseen circumstance will arise that becomes the keepsake of the event? What will be cherished by individuals? What will be cherished as a whole?
Ultimate frisbee and Football means learning that Jake is way taller than previously thought. I think his reach it like ten feet or more. It means a lot of joking around, ""Oh great their choosing sides, I might as well sit down now...", "I may not look like I have skills, but I have skills...", "Can you still run?...", "Whose team are you on anyway?...", "I don't want you touching me, not my hat, not my head, not my face, not my arms, nothing, just stay where you are...", "I'm open, I'm open ("You're not on my team") Sure we are, we're all family...", "This is not your family reunion, it's my family reunion and I say it's a goal..."
Karaeoke means learning that we all have a voice. It means if Mark were a rich man he could "deeba, deeba, dim - a- dum." Which he can! So he must be rich. It means both Jessi G's can break it down wether it's the worm or getting caught in a ring of fire. It means enjoying and piggy backing off Katie and Shar's musical skills and staying on key. It means finding a kindred spirit as Josh and Ben regularly threw off their inhibitions and made it all about fun and entertainment. It means finding a friend! Thanks Sam! We will survive! and thanks Randi-Sue, "Tomorrow" will never be the same, I'm so glad I got to know you better. Thanks Katie it was a pleasure to sing with you; "The Rose" will never be the same. It means the men in our family make "good times, never seem so good" as when we're all together. It means we all knew the Miles were born to be wild and they proved it. It means that the Moms' still have that shoop shoop going on and Dads' can be silly Willy. It means loving each other by making fools of ourselves for each other. It means ALL THAT JAZZ!
The tribute to Grandma means we all feel the same about one steller women. It means we all had dads with bushy mustaches at sometime, real or fake...it doesn't matter. As Jen put it, "It's like testimony meeting and we think, should we get up and say something..." "Yeah it's not a eulogy" my dad says, "Yeah I'm not dead yet!" Grandma chimes in. It means feelings run deep about family even down to the great grandchildren "bearing their testimonies". It means we're all branches on the same tree.
Time to spend together means becoming reaquainted, making friends, staying friends... it means planning the next reunion.

1 comment:
Families are always fun to be around. You're grandmother is a very beautiful lady, I love the pictures. A person is always lucky when surrounded by so many loved ones.
Post a Comment