Saturday, July 26, 2008

I can't beleive we forgot the CAMERA!

We went to the fair today. Not anticipating much just the usual sights, sounds,...smells....It actually turned out to be a really terrific, memorable day and yes, we forgot the camera. Wow! You're wondering, "Wha'd we miss, wha'd we miss?"

Gage sitting atop a huge black angus, huge even for anguses
Cole petting the sheep, goats, chickens, rabbits, pigs...anything he could get his hands on
Amy riding a mechanical bull...8 seconds turned into like a minute-20. I was a pro, no seriously, I was pro...seriously...:)
and the finale
We (meaning I) saw that there was a hip-hop competition at 12:30. I (meaning we all) wanted to see some dancing. We (meaning Il) learned that the competition was for any body who wanted to dance. We learned that after waiting for an hour to see if the competition was really going to start. I (meaning I) went and asked the official if the hip-hop was going to be starting. She informed me there was only one dancer. She told me there were three categories Adults, teen, and child. Gage who had been breaking out on the stage all this while was not eligible because "children" meant ages 8-10. But no one was signing up including the "adult" category...so I threw all inhibitions out the window, signed myself up with Gage as my partner and told a lady who had been sitting there almost as long as we had that she better sign up. So she did. The competition was between one teen, one adult (not me, come to find out) and one child (meaning Gage). We danced our little hearts out just to be handed 165.00 for our pains. When all was said and done the judge neglected to hand us the "cash" and we were already out to the parking lot. Ah well, Gage had a good time and so did we even thought we're pretty sure we're not 165.00 richer. It was a great day!

8 comments:

Cami said...

Very cool! He does have some great moves. Way to go!

C & C said...

Total bummer!!!! We also forgot our camera when we went to the fair, not being able to record a lot of Nixon's firsts! What a dancer!!!

TamBaum said...

So Gage's moves are pretty sweet! But where is the video of your moves Amy?!

kg said...

SO cute, I love it!! "How 'bout that?" :)

Anonymous said...

That was SO SO SO CUTE. Great Job Gage. We have been watching so you think you can dance on TV. I think you should try out for that show. Watching it totally made my day, and wish I had a little boy like you.

Anonymous said...

That was SO SO SO CUTE. Great Job Gage. We have been watching so you think you can dance on TV. I think you should try out for that show. Watching it totally made my day, and wish I had a little boy like you.

Vicki said...

How fun!! Gage is a natural performer. It sounds like you all had a great time. Way to go Gage!

Anonymous said...

Hey I posted something for gage. HOpe it inspires him. Check it out on my blog. yourbudge.blogspot.com I thought of him when i was watching it. =)