Did you ever experience not making the team? Or did you wait for the boy to call but he never did? How 'bout when you'd thought you had ace'd the test and then found out you hadn't? Remember the first time your mom told you, "This is the first time but it won't be the last." Dissapointment is probably my least favorite emotion. I think the essence of distaste for it comes from the fact that it, unlike sorrow or joy, is such a controlled emotion, you choose it, it doesn't choose you. I don't like dissapointment because while dissapointed I hate the "silver lining" talk. I know the silver lining talk, I give the silver lining talk, I am the silver lining talk. But not today. Today I am dissapointed. Bringing a child into the world is such a difficult, time consuming, emotional, life changing sacrifice and investment it's hard to be so willing to do this and then "not make the team." I'm dissapointed...but tomorrow I'll share the silver lining.
I was speechless for a couple of hours. Both Lans and I rode home from the Dr. without saying a word. What am I going to do with three boys? I was so anticipating getting ready to color my world pink.
Everything is healthy and whole. He was yawning like crazy the entire time and would go back and forth from covering his face to reaching down and grabbing his toes. We have some classic pictures of the yawn but they're kind of scary looking so I won't post them.
9 comments:
A big congratulations to all of you! (I'm sorry about the disappointment)...there is much to celebrate. We know one thing for sure, is that this little guy will be pretty darn CUTE and I'm anxious to see who he looks like! Your three boys will be so lucky to grow up with each other, the closeness they'll have as siblings and boys. Hugs to you all!
I can relate. Don't feel badly about being disappointed! It will fade... The image you described of the ultrasound is adorable. He sounds very active!
So sorry he isn't a girl. I have a feeling that my next will be a girl, so maybe we can swap kids every once in a while.:) So glad he is healthy and active.
I know how you feel. It is funny that you and David were just talking about this. Although I must say...ONe I am glad that there are people like you two raising great boys...not they are for my girls but there is nothing more stressful when raising girls hoping they just meet a really good guy. Secound, even though David says we are done. In a way I feel maybe we had all girls to began with for that chance we will keep going for that boy and the Lord knows that about us. If you know what I mean, or we will just be fine with four girls. Also about choice. You really dont have a choice in it. As far as boy or girl that is. So you take what you get and you pray that you raise them well, that they are safe and healthy....right? And I must agree you definatly have very handsome boys...bonus! But at the same time I know how it is to wonder what the other gender would look like of you own. Ok I will stop now. I will wait for the silver lining. =)
Did you really want to deal with all that girl drama? I'll be happy to share mine with you! JK So so sorry, maybe she'll come NEXT TIME???? Is there a next time? You'll be great with 3 boys! Congratulations!
Silver lining alert...here it comes...on those nights when you're exhausted but still awake holding that sweet little baby, you're going to look back at this short time of disappointment and be glad he is him! :) That said, it's perfectly normal to be disappointed. When we found out Molly was a girl, Kip made the ultrasound tech check at least 10 times just to make sure. We thought every one of our girls would be a boy--how could we be wrong 3 times??? But we were and on those nights when I'm exhausted but still awake holding her...I'm so glad she's her!
Sad. :( Sorry about the disappointment Amy.
But I forgot to say that when you're up for the silver lining talk, I agree with everyone else - you do have 2 of the most adorable boys I've ever seen and I know this 3rd one will be just the same.
I had to agree with you on the disappointed emotion - we had a frustrating ultrasound yesterday too and I was disappointed it didn't go the way I had wanted either. Luckily I'm feeling less bitter today. Hope you feel better about everything soon.
You know how I feel. And you have gorgeous hair.
Post a Comment