I took a personality test the other day on Facebook. It was something about how many children you should have. It seemed like half the questions delt with messes of various kinds. I'm not very tolerant of messes, generally anything dealing with staining, bad smells, bodily fluids...anyway the test result told me that I should have no more than one child. Today I would concurr entirely.
If you have a sensitive stomach the following is not for the faint of heart.
For three weeks now I have had the worst sinus cold in the history of my sinus colds. The very thought of all that pain and infection under my skin and bones has just about made me go insane. I can't tell you how grossed out I am of my own self, it's just nauseating. I can't deal with my own finger cuts, again nauseating, and morning sickness, which IS nauseating AND gets even more exaserbated by my intolerance of being sick to my stomach. I dislike the smell of animals (their breath, skin, waste..., so we don't have any, I refuse to potty train my 2 yr old because I'm not up for him reverting back after the new baby and I'm stuck cleaning out soiled underwear on top of changing diapers. If I clean out moldy leftovers I never touch it and sometimes I just throw the whole thing, container included, away. I don't do any work in the garden unless I have gloves because I don't want to touch a bug, it's larva, or egg sac. I always wear gloves to clean bathrooms (but that's not so strange). But I do know have issues.
Today was the ultimate test of my tolerance.
Still dealing with my sinus cold I'm trying to lean my head down enough to see to clean up a nasty diaper, which I end up getting part of on my hand and carpet! GROSS and DOUBLE GROSS. I clean it up, disinfect and almost cry because my head hurts and this is so gross!
Then, I'm almost over my headache, I'm trying to get ready for the day when Gage comes into my room and says, "Mom I went to the bathroom and the water in the toilet is coming up over the edges."
I "run" for the plunger (as much as a 7 mo pregnant person can) and as I'm heading to his bathroom see the fountain just overflowing. About a quarter inch of "black" water filled the bathroom floor then over flowed into the hallway. Talk about gut renching grossness! I won't bore you with the fun of trying to clean it up, yuk, gag, flinch, flinch. But I'll tell you this...
The bathroom cabinet, and vynal flooring have to be replaced, along with the carpeting in the hallway that effects two closets, basebaords and sheet rock, the carpeting of one whole bedroom, living room and entry hall. I learned today when contamination occurs all connecting carpeting must be replaced. Thank goodness for insurance and my friend Rachelle who hooked me up with the company she and her husband work for. Thank you Service Master. Because at 10:30 this morning I threw in the towel. I called Lanson sobbing and he came home just so I could vent my intolerable morning. I love you Lans. I really won't quit but today was just too much!
9 comments:
Ugh. That sounds like an awful morning! Yeah for insurance!!
What a day, hope your sinus' clear up soon!!
Oh, Amy! I'm sorry. I hate days like that! .
What a day! Bad enough by itself, but add pregnancy and your sinus, I don't blame you for throwing in the towel.
I'm so sorry! It doesnt sound like you need to deal with another headache.
I hope you feel better soon, and all goes well with the clean up process.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I second Angie's comment! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I too would be freaking out and sobbing. So sorry! I hope you start feeling better and get a beautiful new bathroom as a reward for your efforts!!!!
Man...I can totally relate..I remember the girls over flowing the tolet and it went everywhere. we had to get new carpet as well. I remember calling David in tears too. But I was not pregnant...so I totally feel for you. What a pain. Hopefully your house will be back to normal soon. Hang in there.
amy... i have been thinking about you a lot lately, sorry i haven't acted upon it yet! i sure hope life has slowed down a little, and delt you a better card this week! did you decide what to do about your carpet/vinyl/etc?? :) how is the baby room comin' along?
Post a Comment