Okay, so a new day and a clearer head. On average it takes 3 days for water mitigation to be completed. We had good news, since Service Master was able to get here so promptly after the "flush" everything was dried out and all fans and plastic tarps were removed late this morning. Next topic of good news was that we do not have to replace all the carpeting from the bathroom to the garage entry foye, we are just insured to cover that amount due to specs on contamination and line of sight policies. Since all flooring that was contaminated was removed we now have some options to consider:
1. We could replace all carpeting with something of equal value
2.We can upgrade any number of things and then pay out the difference
3. We can upgrade/change certain areas that have been effected and leave what's not been affected alone.
4.?
5.??
What would you do? I'd love to know.
Right now I'm inclined to place vynal and cabinetry back in the bathroom at equal value to what we had, upgrade the hallway outside the bathroom to laminate flooring that matches our entry hall flooring, leave our living room carpet alone, but change up the foye carpet to laminate and use carpeting from the foye to patch or seal the spot in the boys room and put the rest of the money in savings for another rainy day when we have a deductable to meet.
PS I learned yesterday that the socially acceptable term for toilet water that has "matter" in it, is termed, "black water". We did not literally have black water covering our floors, but really, what's the difference, yeesh and yuck!
3 comments:
Wow, you have a lot of choices! Good luck, hope it gets done fast!
you have great taste so I'm sure anything you choose will look good. My choice would be some plush new carpet. :)
WOW what a terrible adventure! I'm SO glad that you found Service Master! I wish we were there to help!
I have two ideas: first, keep the toilet in the tub as displayed in the picture. this will prevent further disasters and hey with all the boys in your house, bathroom cleanup will be a lot easier when you just have to turn on the shower. Second, since you have to replace the vinyl in the bathroom, I recommend looking for remnants. We were able to get a pretty good deal on some remnants for our house. hey you might be able to find remnants for whatever you decide in the hallway too, since it's a small area.
I just asked Ryan his opinion and he said you should put the vinyl through the whole house and go to Hawaii with the rest of the $$.
Caleb was very concerned, and very relieved when I told him you had another bathroom.
p.s. I really wish this was an april fools joke on your blog...
Post a Comment