My guess, "Because you want to go to China?"
"No. I'm digging a giant hole so whenever Coley and I want to, we can go to Nana and Papa's house."
"Well I'm sure Nana and Papa would love that," I tell him, "You'd better get back to work."
Today Gage went back to digging, but after an hour he came inside,"Mom, I'm not digging a hole to Nana and Papa's house anymore, " he states glumly, "It's going to take too long so I'm just going to dig a swimming pool and fill it up with water. Okay?"
"Umm, your not filling it up with water today though right?"
"Wwwwhhhhy!"
"Because I don't feel like cleaning up two muddy boys before dinner. Okay?"
"OOOOkay, but tomorrow can I?"
The treasured response, "We'll see."
When people ask Gage what he wants to be when he grows up he tells them he wants to be a dentist. Today at lunch Gage says, "Mom? Guess what the long sharp teeth near the front of your mouth are called?" I don't get to respond, "Your Canines. And your back teeth are your molars. And do you want to know about how you get cavities?" I barely nod, "You eat food and when you don't brush it away, it grows on your teeth and you get cavities."
"Where did you learn about this?"
"From Sid the Science Kid."
Everyday Gage watches this PBS program and everyday when the show starts Gage runs to his craft desk and grabs a piece of paper and box of pencils. He then religiously announces, "Mom I have my journal," and heads off to watch Sid.
He uses a lot of scientific terms lately, ie decay: "If I don't eat my broccoli it will sit in the garbage and decay." sound waves: "Mom sound waves are how sound travels through the air and then they hit you in the ear." environment (used while offering the dinner prayer): "...and please help us to grow up in our environment and be happy..."
Anyway today we ran a quick errand to price some flooring and when we got in the car to come home Gage asks, "Mom? Do you know which teeth are the ones that chew soft foods?"
"Which one's Gage?"
"Your front incisors."
Lastly, for Family Home Eveing Lans and the boys went to some friend's house for an Easter egg hunt and some fun activities. Gage goes to school with this little friend Alexis and early in the year Alexis told her Mom that Gage was her boy friend. We laughed about it because Gage had not a clue and I still thought he had no idea but when I arrived later from a meeting, Lans told me Gage had been calling Alexis his Smoochie-Pooh all night till it made her mad. Guess your not her boy friend anymore Don Juan!
Cole brought me the camera and said, "You take my picture Mom, okay?" He posed for every one of these shots and announced each time, "Mom I do this." Then he would contort his face and wait for me to snap the shot. What a funny guy!
Cole pretends to be a dog lately. It's pretty helpful while I'm trying to read email because he always brings a hanger and we play fetch. He's very obedient.
My parents came down over conference weekend to help me with the baby's room. While my Mom and I were painting we put the baby gate up so Cole could not come in and mess around with the paint. So Cole would stand at the gate and call, "Mom! Mom! You come see me. I miss you!" What a little sweetie.
3 comments:
I love everything about this post!
So cute, your boys!
Ella loves Sid too and is often talking about food decaying. Well I wouldn't be teaching he aoubt that so it is good. The pictures of Cole are so cute and I love the pit to Grandmas.
Post a Comment