Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Easter

Pass it on:
A thoughtful action passed on from my Mom...

"Last night as I was painting eggs (as I usually do this time of year) I was reminded again of what a great symbol of hope an egg is. How it symbolizes rebirth, renewal and sends the message that life goes on. Many in our community are suffering loss of jobs, loss of homes, or other losses with this economic crisis. And while I believe it will change, it is not going to happen overnight and whatever “suffering” we’re enduring, it’s going to take awhile. But just as spring always follows winter, I believe that a message of hope and encouragement to all would be a good thing. So many times we can’t change our problems but we can change our attitudes and points of view and that often makes the biggest change of all. Perhaps you’d like to “paint an egg” and pass on a message of hope, love, and appreciation to someone who needs it. Or maybe you could pass on the idea and share a message of hope and good will. " -Gail Greenfield


We keep a tradition with good friends of ours. For the last five years the Easter bunny delivers a basket of goodies. This year we get to be the Bunny!

Another option for getting in the Easter Spirit, that I HIGHLY recommend, is going to the Easter Pageant "Journney to Jerusalem". Located at the LDS Church Off Linder Rd in Meridian on Cayuse Creek, just inside the Paramount Subdivision. Friday Night from 6:30 - 8:30 and Saturday from 3:00 - 5:00.It is free and the pageant is a tour that takes groups through every 15 min. It lasts around 45 min. and is WONDERFUL! It is for everyone so take your children or yourselves and feel the true spirit of the resurrection.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Amy for the reminder. I loved the quote at the begenning.

Angie Miller said...

Thank you for mentioning this, Amy!