As Mother's Day approached I was thinking about what I would have to say about being a Mother. I was reflecting on my own Mother and thinking about the conversations we have these days. I don't think a conversation has gone by that I haven't chatted with my Mom on the subject of where I'm at as a Mother. I'm so grateful to her for her encouragement and validations. Her acknowledgments of my small accomplishments with my young children helps to keep me trying, improving, enduring.... I trust her and her judgement. For this I can more easily find the joy of staying home being anxiously engaged in child rearing believeing that this season will pass and I won't want to overlook all the good and dismiss the bad. I've began to experience that together these conditions make for stonger ties, stronger people, stronger memories. So in keeping with the guidline of how I would describe what it is like, right now, to be a mother, this is what I have to say...

"The attraction of bee to flower reminds me of the attention a child gives his mother, ever circling, clinging, and admiring. In short, cherishing." - Amy Baumgartner
1 comment:
I love your quote on being a mother. BTW, did you take that picture?
Post a Comment