Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Back In July...



We had a wonderful July....Dane's baby blessing, Celebrating Independence Day, swimming with friends, and having family come through. We had our Washington cousins and siblings come through for some fun. As you can see the kids got along great and we're playing "Having a Baby". MMMMmmmm, wonder where they got that idea! So cute!



Getting back in a more concrete routine has been a blessing. The boys have a morning routine and then can play. Here they are setting out on a backpaking trip to go camp and fish (in the pool). It's been fun to watch Gage and Cole become closer friends this summer. Last night Cole said to me, "Mommy I love you, " I replied, "I love you too. You are one of my best friends," then I asked, "Do you have best friends?" He said, "Um-hum Gage is my best friend."




The boy can read! I picked up an early reader book at the library two weeks ago. The book was the only one they, seemingly, had in a series of early reader books and was randomly in the middle of the volumes and sets. We checked it out anyway and that day Gage just read it! Last week when we went to the library I asked for assistance finding some early reader books. They sent us home with two sack fulls of books. Gage is really enjoying reading them. He likes to call his Grandparents and read to them. It's just been amazing!


No comments: