Dashing through this year
With a simple line or two
Describing the chaos
And crazy things we do (ha, ha, ha)
Our family numbers five
Dane was born in June
We’re still in the same house
We’ve filled up all the rooms…
Oh, we have three boys, we step on toys
We need rub-ber walls
Oh, what fun it is to clean
While dodging flying balls
Busy boys, making noise
We need sound proof walls
Oh, what fun it is to hear
When we get phone calls!
A month or two ago
I thought to write a note
This boyhood memory
Is quite the anecdote
While getting food prepared
I called the boy’s inside
I stopped to take a look
And this is what I spied…
Oh, the boys out back, a rock lifted a crack
And reaching underneath
They were picking something out of it
And biting with their teeth
I called them in, to their chagrin,
Fast on their little legs
Then they confirmed, my stomach churned,
They’re snacking on ant’s eggs!
Oh, these boys! They have no poise
Just curiosity
Oh, what fun it is to know
They’ve survival strategy
We love our boys, they are such joys
We can’t, at all, complain
Oh, what fun to watch them grow, they really entertain!
Love all of us!
Lanson
Amy
Gage 5
Cole nearly 3 and
Dane6mo.
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Merry Christmas-glad we are able to catch up after all these years!!
That was cute. I am glad you h ave had a great year.
Cute poem! And I love the picture!
I love your poems! So fun! Merry Christmas! :)
What a cute way to say Merry Christmas! You always have such fun ideas :)
Hilarious.
Cute, cute. LOVE the picture Amy!
Post a Comment